There is no denying that SEO (search engine optimisation) can be overwhelming. Even intimidating for someone who isn’t sure about how it works and what is involved. Whether you are a business that is just starting out creating a website online. Or whether your business is going through a brand redesign with a new website, hosting and domain to contend with, SEO is what will help your website be visible in what can be a very saturated online market.
You don’t need to be tech-savvy or a whiz with coding and website development to understand and take advantage of good SEO on your website because it is down to keywords and the content that you put out there for people to see. In principle, SEO is the process of optimising your website to get organic and unpaid traffic from search engine results pages. If you are in a position where you need to benefit from optimising the website you have and improving the content and visibility of your business online, then this guide is for you.
SEO for beginners, what is involved?
In theory, SEO involves making certain changes to your website design and content that make your website more attractive to search engine platforms to display your website or page when providing results. You make these changes with the goal of a search engine displaying your website as a top result on page one. The process is easier than you may think and involves a few significant changes that can start to have a positive impact on your website and visibility digitally. Here is a breakdown of what you can try and do:
● Do keyword research relevant to your business but also to search engine terms your potential customers and clients may use when using search engines.
● Make your website easy to use and navigate. You don’t want to have a particularly high bounce rate and would rather people spend time on your website pages, this shows credibility online.
Now you know what SEO is and what is involved, you might want to consider some of the ways that you can improve your website visibility and implement SEO.
How to rank higher on Google?
Now that you have the idea of what SEO is and how even SEO for beginners could be made simple to follow, you want to start thinking about specifically making changes with your website and considering how to rank higher on Google. With that in mind here are three things to start with.
1. A Title tag – The title tag on each [age tells the search engines such as Google what your website page is all about. The best way to take advantage of this would be to make the title 70 characters or less and include both the keyword that your content on that page focuses on and even the business name.
2. Meta description – The meta description of your website enables it to tell search engines a little more about what that specific website page is all about. This is also used by anyone coming across your website page and link on search engines to identify whether that website page is of Pinterest to them. In terms of the information that is provided compared to their initial search terms.
3. Subheadings – The use of subheadings in your content makes it easier to read and digest for any human visitors to your website, but it can also improve your SEO. Using things like H1, H2 AND H3 tags when creating the content will enable search engines to better understand what the content is about.
Additionally to the content on your website, you could also look at things such as internal links, and having links to your website hosted on other websites that rank well in search engines. This enables the search engine provider to identify your website as a trusted resource.
How to buy web hosting?
Web hosting is also important to ensure that your website stands alone and builds up its own domain authority, which can also help you to rank well on search engines. It is easy to consider how to buy web hosting by finding a provider that will give you the control and the package that you want and need for your website.
How to buy shared hosting?
If you are looking for a more economic approach to hosting then looking into how to buy shared hosting may be a viable option for you. This is when a service refers to a web hosting service where many websites reside on one web server. It can reduce the overall cost of maintenance. Many web hosting providers will give you the option of shared hosting and again it is about finding the right package and service for your website.
Hopefully, this guide will help you to optimise your website. Let us know your comments below!